Lameroo Regional Community School

History

Lameroo Region Community SchoolLameroo Regional Community School has a strong academic tradition extending back to 1906 when
the first school opened in the Methodist Church Hall.

A new school was built in 1910 and was classified
as a higher primary in 1929 and an area school in 1945. In 1990 the Lameroo Regional Community School was established with the amalgamation of
the secondary sections of Pinnaroo, Geranium and Lameroo schools.

Today, the school provides a wide and varied curriculum from Reception to year 12 that strives to meet the learning needs and career aspirations of students.

General Characteristics

Lameroo Regional Community Schools' students are largely from farming families and
as such the town's facilities include service industries that support the farming district.
Local facilities and services include a well equipped Hospital and Dentist Orthodontist, Chiropractor & Optician consult regularly.

There is a volunteer St. John Ambulance Service; five churches; a number of banking
and shopping facilities. The Southern Mallee District Council has an office in the township along with the Country Fire Service. The industrial base includes general engineering, furniture, value added stock foods, sheep and dog tag manufacturing and brush panel making. Local primary production includes mixed farming, sheep, beef, pigs, potatoes, carrots, onions, olives, yabby farming and floriculture.

One of the regions major attractions is its peace and tranquillity. It is a region that is interesting all year round as the changing seasons show the colours of the paddocks
turn from a reddish brown earth to a vivid green and then to the golden colours of
ripening grains. In spring the region becomes a picture with the many varieties of wildflowers blooming.

sa_map